Friday, January 1, 2010

Ranomness

I'm in a blogging mood, so it's really unfortunate that I'm at work. Maybe I'll throw in a few thoughts while I'm on hold for phone calls, or over my lunch break while I'm working with tech support to get my laptop working. Yes kids, I'm frustrated with my PC. You may be close to turning me except that I can't afford to get a mac right now.

I feel like I've had so many thoughts running around in my head lately. I haven't really had/taken the time to process through all of them. I don't really think this would be the best medium for that, so I should probably start journaling again. As much as I'm sure you all love to read about my every thought, they aren't all ones I want to post on the internet for the world to see.

Speaking of worlds, I can feel mine shifting again. Sometimes I feel like I'm in Chicago again; the way my heart and spirit feel. My life is not much like that time period on the outside. I'm working a full-time desk job. I'm thankful for it, or I know I should be so it's more of an acknowledgement than a feeling, but I want work I enjoy. I think that makes me a product of our generation. Where generations past just stuck with whatever job was stable and provided for their needs, ours feels entitled to something that fulfills us. I'm not sure if there's anything wrong with that, it's just different and lends to its own set of problems. Or maybe it is. Maybe we're catering to the whims of our desires, seeking satisfaction in something that was never meant to satisfy.

Either way, God can still move. If we have a job we enjoy, or one that we are just thankful to have, that can't stop Him. So, I suppose in the light of eternity, does it matter if I have a job that fulfills me? After all, it's not about me. I just want to be in a job where I feel I'm doing the most I can to bring Isaiah 61 to reality in the lives of others. God, please let it come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment